Excursionist Center of Catalonia

Gothic Quarter

Inside, the Roman columns that belonged to the temple dedicated to Cesar Augusto are preserved.

It dates back to the 1st century Emperor Tiberius.

It is the headquarters of the Excursionist Center of Catalonia, during the works three columns were found, the fourth column was called “the traveler”, it was in the Plaza del Rei, and made with the remains of other columns, in 1956 it was transferred to the temple of Caesar Augustus.

The Excursionist Center of Catalonia is a sports entity founded in 1876, it has some 4,300 members and inside it houses a library with an interesting photographic and cartographic archive.

© 2022 Barcelona Prestige · Aviso legal · Política de privacidad y cookies · Diseño: disparoestudio.com