Building commissioned by the Barcelona City Council to the municipal architect Antoni de Falguera i Sivilla. The works began in 1916 and it was inaugurated in 1928
We can see that the building intermingles two movements in a balanced way; Modernism and Noucentisme and with clear influences from Antoni Gaudí and Josep Puig i Cadafalch, with whom he collaborated.
– The facade covered with stone from the Montjuïc mountain.
– The two cylindrical towers that frame and crown the building.
– Balanced use of decorative arts.
– Green ceramic with reliefs.
– The central courtyard called “La Pecera” and its skylight designed by Falguera himself.
Origins Municipal School of Music:
They date back to 1886 when the Barcelona City Council, following the trend of other European cities, created the “Municipal Music Band of Barcelona”, settling in Lledo Street until 1896, when it moved to the Castle of the Three Dragons in Ciutadella Park. , moving to its current location in 1928.